Questions 1 – 5 : In each of the following items the first two words have some relationship. Find out the word from the 4 alternatives given, which has the same relationship with the third word.
1. Fire : Heat : : Flower : ?
A. Plant B. Petals C. Colour D. Fragrance E. None of these
2. Hut : Mansion : : ? : Elephent
A. Bungalow B. Small C. Rabbit D. Lion E. None of these
3. Eye : Sight : : Tongue : ?
A. Mouth B. Speech C. Blind D. Dumb E. None of these
4. Bird : Feather : : Fish : ?
A. Scale B. Tail C. Beak D. Wing E. None of these
5. Ruling : King : : Learning : ?
A. Book B. School C. Scholar D. Teacher E. None of these
Questions 6 – 10 : A set of words or letters or numbers is given in each of the questions. One of them in each set does not belong to the set
6. A. May B. June C. July D. August E. October
7. A. Camera B. Film C. Shot D. Painting E. Photograph
8. A. B B. C C. D D. E E. F
9. A. 1 B. 8 C. 4 D. 16 E. 10
10. A. Animal B. Tiger C. Insect D. Bird E. Worm
Questions 11 – 15 : Choose the correct answers from the alternatives given.
11. Which number should come in the blank space to complete the series?
2, 6, 12, 36, 72, ____
A. 216 B. 214 C. 146 D. 144 E. None of these
12. If 1394 = ACID, then 4516 = ?
A. DEAD B. DEAL C. DEAN D. DEAF E. None of these
13. Which letter should come in the blank space to complete series?
A. T B. U C. V D. W E. None of these
14. If GAMES is spelt as HBNFT, what will be the spelling of SPORTS?
A. RONQSR B. TQPSUT C. RQNOSR D. TOQSUT E. None of these
15. The salaries of Suma and Rema together amount of Rs 2,000. Suma spends 95% of her salary and Rema 85 % of hers. If now their savings are the same what is Rema’s salary?
A. Rs 500 B. Rs 750 C. Rs 1,250 D. Rs 1,000 E. None of these
1. D. 2. C.
3. B. 4. A.
5. C. 6. Except June, all others have 31 days.
7. D. Except painting all others are connected with photography.
8. D. E is the only Vowel
9. A. Except 1 all others are even numbers.
10. B. Tiger
11. A. 216, the series follows the rule x3, x2, x3, x2,…….
12. D. DEAF 13. C. V 14. B. TQPSUT
15. A. Let Suma’s salary be Rx. Then 5% of x = 15 % of(2000 - x)ie,
5x = 15 (2000 - x)___ > x = Rs. 1500.
Rama’s salary= 2000 – 1500 = Rs. 500