Directions 1 – 4: The words given below have certain relationship. Trick the choice similar relationship.
1. Exit : Enter
A. Notorious : Famous B. Go : Depart C. Peace : Nation
D. Money : Buy E. None of these
2. Guava : Mango
A. Juice : Squash B. Bhils : Nagas
C. Badminton : Shuttlecock D. Book : Red E. None of these
3. Select the pair which is different from others:
A. Hard work and success B. Treatment and Disease
C. Coward and Fear D. Extravagant and Bankruptcy
E. None of these
4. Below a lead word has been followed by four alternatives. One of theses alternatives has some relationship with the word which is different from the other three. Mark this alternative.
A. SPECIAL B. TOPIC C. NATION D. CAUTION E. None of these
Directions 5 – 10: Find the odd-man out:
5. A. Stadium B. Stage C. Rink D. Court E. None of these
6. A. Love B. Infatuation C. Affectation D. Attachment
E. None of these
7. If Singh is taller than Hamid but shorter than John who is shorter than Chandra but taller than Karunakaran then the tallest person is :
A. Chandra B. Karunakaran C. Singh D. John E. None of these
8. The sum of two numbers is 35 and their difference is 13.Find the greater number.
A. 23 B. 24 C. 20 D. 25 E. None of these
9. Two students fought a college election. The winning student got 60% of the total votes and won the election by 144 votes only. What was the total number of votes polled?
A. 720 B. 480 C. 360 D. 240 E. None of these
10. When there is an increase of 30% in the price of TV sets and decrease of 20% in the number of sets sold, then what is percentage effect on total sales?
A. 4% loss B. 8% loss C. 4% gain D. 8% gain E. None of these
Directions 11 – 15: Find the missing numbering the series given below:
11. 2, 5, 9, 14, 20, 27,____
12. 3, 7, 10, 17, 27, 44____
13. 5, 9, 4, 11, 7, 17, 10,___, 6,
14. A number exceeds its one – fifth by 20, what is the number?
A. 100 B. 25 C. 5 D. 20 E. None of these
15. John purchased 4 pens and 3 pencils of Rs. 46. Aslam purchased 3 pens and 8 pencils from the same trader at the same rate for the same account. What is the price of 1 pencil?
A. Rs.2.00 B. Rs.4.00 C. Rs.1.50 D. Rs.3 E. None of these
1. A. Notorious : Famous
2. B. Guava & Mango are the names of fruits ,in the same Bhils and Nagas are the same of Tribes.
3. Treatment and Disease 4. D. CAUTION
5. B. Except stage all others are connected with games(Rink is ice hockey ground)
6. C. Affectation
7. A. Chandra>John>Sighn>Hamid, John>Karunakaran. From the above two relations Chandra is tallest person.
8. B. Let x be the larger number and y be the smaller number.
Then x+y = 35___(1) x-y = 13 ____(2) (1) + (2) ═> 2x = 48 x = 24. There for the larger number is 24.
9. A. 720 10. C.
11. 35. The given series follows the rule +3, +4, +5, +6, +7, +8.
12. 71. Here and the two preceeding numbers to get the next number
14. B. 25
15. A. Let the price of one pen is Rs . x and that of pencil is Rs y.
Then 4x + 3y = 46 and 3x + 8y = 46. On solving we get y = Rs.2.
Ie the price of one pencil = Rs. 2.00