This part consists of fifteen multiple choice questions. Each questions carries 1 mark.
1. Which of the following is related to ‘Cruelty’ in the same manner as ‘Hot’ is related to ‘Cold’ ?
A. Patience B. Temperature C. Kindness D. Haste E. Slowness
2. Among the following 5 items, 4 are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
5, 9, 11, 13, 17
A. 5 B. 9 C. 11 D.13 E. 17
3. Complete the following the series with those given from the alternatives:
B, Y, C, X, D, W, E,___
A. F B. Z C. V D. M E. G
4. What is the basic characteristic democracy?
A. Multi-party system B. People’s government C .Freedom of speech
D. One-party rule E. Majority domination
5. Which of the following is related to Islamabad in same manner as New York is related to San Francisco?
A. Washington B. Pakistan C. Kabul D. Punjab E. Karachi
6. Among the following 5 items, 4 are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
Elephant, Horse, Cow, Dog, Camel
A. Elephant B. Dog C. Horse D. Camel E. Cow
7. Complete the following the series with those given from among the alternatives:
1, 9, 25,___, 81
A. 40 B. 39 C.49 D. 60 E. 64
8. Which of the following is absolutely essential for a house?
A. Bricks B. Concrete C. Roof D. Locks E. Pillars
9. Which of the following is related to ‘Camel’ in the same way as ‘Sea’ is related to ‘Ship’ ?
A. Mammal B. Captain C. Horse D. Oasis E. Desert.
10. Among the following 5 items, 4 are alike in a certain way and so form a group. Which is the one that does not belong to the group?
A. Punctuality B. Honesy C. Enthusiasm D. Intelligence E. Courage
11. Complete the following series with those given from among the alternatives.
0.33, 0.25, 0.20, 0.166, 0.143, ___
A. 0.133 B. 0.125 C. 0.115 D. 0.130 E. 0.105
12. According to code, digits __ 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 represented by A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, and J respectively. On this code find the value of :
A. 10 B.8 C. 4 D. 6 E. 7
13. A box contain an equal number of red, blue and yellow marbles, all mixed up. What is minimum number of the marbles to be taken out blind folded ( or without looking at the box) so that you can be sure of the getting 3 marbles of the same colour ?
A. 3 B.5 C. 7 D. 9 E. 11
14. Which of the following procedures adopted by a government is likely to result in the maximum increase in the cost of living of the people of the country?
A. Raising the rate of income tax B. Raising tax of food grains
C. Raising tax of petroleum products D. Raising cost of fertilizers
E. Raising on electricity
15. Which of the following the statements is always true about an army ?
A. Engages in war B. Gives soldiers training in welfare
C. Helps the government the maintaining law and order
D. Produces weapons of war D. Defends the security of the country
1. C. Kindness 2. B. Except 9, all others are prime numbers.
3. C. V 4. B. People’s government 5. E. Karachi
6. B. Except dog, all others are herbivorous 7. C. 49. The series 12, 32, 52, 72, 92,…
8. C. Roof 9. E. Desert 10. C. Enthusiasm
11. B. The series is 1/3, ¼, 1/5, 1/6,1/7, 1/8 = 0.125
(G +I) - (D + B)
(E - C)
(6 + 8) (3 - 1) = 14 - 2 = 12 = 6
4 - 2 2 2
13. C. 7 14. B. Raising tax food grains
15. Defends the security of the country.